One of the many things I love about living here is the amazing farmers markets. I think there may literally be one every day of the week somewhere in the county. My favorite is the one downtown on Wednesdays but my work scheduled makes it difficult to get there. More often than not, I end up going to the closest market to my apartment, the one in Live Oak on Sundays.
Obviously most veggies and fruits are gluten-free, but I’ve been happy to find a number of items I can eat for breakfast or lunch while there too.
1. Breakfast tacos from the Truck Stop
2. Arepas from the Truck Stop
3. Gluten-free crepes from Delicious Crepes
5. Aguas frescas from Garcia Family Kitchen
6. Gluten-free pizzas from Uncle Ro’s. I haven’t actually had these yet but they look so good, and they have a portable wood-fired oven so you can get your pie heated or bring it home for later.
Addendum: Bought one the other day and had it for dinner last night. I was a fan – it was light and crispy, but BK had mixed emotions. I’d say — it’s no Engfers, but it’s definitely tasty and it makes a great dinner with a side salad.