Although I’m disappointed to discover that ramps and fiddleheads are not, apparently, a thing here in northern California, there is fortunately an abundance of asparagus.
Aside from the fact that it makes your pee stinky, I love everything about asparagus. I’m happy to just eat it roasted most of the time, but I’ve also been busily bookmarking other recipes using this harbinger of spring.
- Red quinoa, endive and raw asparagus salad
- grilled asparagus tacos
- Bk made this recently: roasted asparagus with miso butter and poached eggs. Tip: go easy with the miso because otherwise it will overpower your mouth with saltiness.
- My friend Lesley brought this awesome salad to an impromptu dinner party last week: asparagus, strawberry and feta salad.
- tuna, asparagus and new potato salad with chive vinaigrette and fried capers. I don’t think I’ve ever had a fried caper before, but I want one.
- I don’t eat much soup during the warmer months, but Martha Stewart’s asparagus soup sounds tasty.
- Asparagus and spring vegetable risotto
- asparagus and goat cheese omelet- Asparagus really works well with eggs, in my opinion.
- Oh, and the Kitchn has a whole bunch of ideas for you too.