I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating now…. living in NorCal has me totally confused about seasons. Despite the sporadic nature of the weather here and the amazing array of microclimates that exist, I’m still feeling some of the spring feelings I’m used to. Asparagus is out in full force at the farmers markets and it’s time to move away from hot toddys and some of the heavier (and so delicious) reds and on to whites and spring cocktails… oh, who am I kidding? I never give up my reds. They just get joined by their spring-ier friends.
Here’s some ideas I’ve been bookmarking. Good thing you can’t see drool on a hyperlink.
- Rhubarb-ginger cocktail — In general I’m not a vodka person, but this sounds pretty tasty.
- Lavender French 75 – Lavender grows all over here and I’m always seeking new ways to use it.
- Santorini sunrise — How pretty is this one?!
- The spring cocktail list at NYC’s Gotham Bar and Grill
- Spring Thyme Collins – I fell for thyme-infused gin last year at In Fine Spirits in Chicago. I’m even working on a batch of my own.